HUNGARY Travel Guide
Hungary is located in the central Europe bordered by Slovakia to north, Sutria to west, Serbia to south and Romania to east. The country gives out stunning destinations like low mountains to North West, Great Plains in east along with rivers and lakes with beautiful villages and hidden cities
IMPORTANT PLACES TO BE VISITED:
- GYOR:Gyor has been ruled by Mongols, Magyars, Czechs and Ottomans and it was burned by city fathers .Gyor is a good town which is located between Budapest and Vienna and the old town can be found at the confluence of Danube, Rabe and Rebca rivers.
- HORTOBAGY NATIONAL PARK: It was the first national park established in 1973 and it is the country’s largest protected area and Europe’s largest natural grassland. The main attraction of the place is nine arch bridge and Kareag windmill that was built in 19th century
- DEBRECEN :Debrecen served as Hungary’s capital over centuries and it act as important cultural centre .It was destroyed during world war II and considered as intellectual centre with thriving music scenes and largest protestant church
- PECS:It’s a multicultural city with different ethnic groups which makes the city UNESCO city of peace and home to first university in Hungary and the city was ruled by Romans, Christians and Ottomans.
- EGER :Eger is situated in the northern part and it’s the second largest city known for magnificent baroque buildings and the cathedral was built on castle hill around it.
FEATURES OF HUNGARY:
- Hungary is a landlocked country with an area of about 600 square miles and the country is a part of Roman empire
- The largest lake of the country is Lake Balaton situated in central Europe and also called as Hungarian Sea
- The word Hungary comes from medieval Latin Hungaria which is known as Land of the Huns
- Interesting fact is that one third of the population lives outside the nation mainly in Romania
- Hungary is the most oldest country and which is smaller than the state of Indiana was found before France and Germany became separate entities
- The country is full of with Roman, Greek and Turkish architecture with nearly 1500 spas
- Magyar is the language and the two related languages in Europe are Finnish and Estonian
- Like Austria the country has tradition of classical music with folkloric elements and also has most important thermal spring culture
- The country is surrounded by Slovakiato the north, Romaniato the east, Serbia to the south, Croatia to the southwest, Slovenia to the west, Austria to the northwest, and Ukraine to the northeast
- Budapest is the capital which is bisected by river Danube and in 19th century the bridge connects hilly Buda with flat Pest
- The country has 10 national parks,145 nature reserves and 35 landscape areas and also the largest geothermal cave system located in the underground Budapest
- The national flag is tricolour of red, white and green